Dialog keeps popping up

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Keep getting dialog while trying to run "Makecert.exe and Pvk2Pfx.exe required"
Have these on my machine, even put copies in same directory as app and still doesn't work. Any ideas?
Apr 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM
The path you need to put "Makecert.exe and Pvk2Pfx.exe" is hard-coded as:
Private Const SEARCHPATH As String = "%ProgramW6432%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\Bin;%ProgramW6432%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10\Common7\Tools\Bin;%ProgramW6432%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\x64;%ProgramW6432%\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin;%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\Bin;%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10\Common7\Tools\Bin"
So if you're using x64 or Visual Studio 2010, it won't find your makecert.exe.
I guess you have to download the code, tweak that SEARCHPATH , and build it by yourself.

I'll add the issue to ISSUE TRACKER.
Jun 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM
As another workaround on an X64 PC copy the sub tree from program files (x86) to program files and the GUI now finds the correct path. A kludge but better than nothing.

Is this rather useful tool still active?
Nov 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Can some one change this so that it looks first in its own directory for the files ?

I like the concept of this but get this same error and I have windows 8.1 64 bit using Windows Development kit

The files this UI needs are there but it cant see them.
Nov 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM
My son created a fixed version of this that works when you have windows 8.1 sdk (Windows Kits) installed.

anyone interested (no charge) can send me an email at makecert@sitehighway.com a temp email I setup